Welcome to our Year 5 Class at St James’
Welcome to Year 5 my name is Ms Eastick and I am the current Class teacher in Year 5. Mrs Hayden will return from her maternity leave in February 2024. In Year 5 we are supported by a variety of Teaching Assistants. We cover a huge range of topics in Year 5, which the children will undoubtedly love exploring. As well as the World Wars, we delve into the functions of the human body (including the opportunity to dissect a heart), as well as life beyond our planet where we will be unraveling the mysteries of space and our solar system. Within Year 5, learning is not restricted to within the classroom. Children will be offered the wonderful opportunity to perform live on stage during the Shakespeare Festival, as well as visiting the Youth Village.
I have no doubt the children will have a busy, fun-filled year and as is the traditional St James way, nurture, fun and creativity will be at the heart of our classroom.
Year 5 Noticeboard
- Homework is given out each Friday and should be returned for the following Wednesday
- Spellings are handed out each Friday and will be tested the following Friday. The spelling rules of that week will be reiterated during school time.
- Accelerated reader – The children will read their reading books for 15 minutes every day. The children can take their book home for extra reading at the weekend, but this must come back on Monday ready to read in class.
- PE in Year 5 is on Wednesday. Make sure you have your full St James PE kit.
- Please bring fresh water daily.