Welcome to our Year 6 Class at St James’
Welcome to Year 6, my name is Mr Monaghan and I am the Class Teacher. Our Teaching Assistant in Year 6 is Mrs Judd. In Year 6, the children will focus on SATs preparation during their Maths and English lessons. However, we make sure we have a lot of fun in all other subjects along the way. Our one class rule is “try your best”; this is all I ever ask of the children in Year 6. We have lots of rewards for 100% effort in class, one of which is meeting up with our special friends in Reception Class during “Golden Time”.
Year 6 Noticeboard
- Homework is given out each Friday and should be returned for the following Tuesday.
- Spellings are handed out on a Monday and will be tested on a Friday. In Year 6 if children misplace their spellings spares are readily available.
- Accelerated reader – The children will read their reading books for 15 minutes every Monday, Tuesday and Friday. The children can take their book home for extra reading at the weekend, but this must come back on Monday ready to read in class.
- PE in Year 6 is on Thursdays. Make sure you have your full St James PE kit.
- Please bring fresh water daily.